So the other weekend (Oct 17-19) some friends and I went down to Zions to enjoy the nice weather and amazing hikes. I'd decided that I deserved a little break after all the craziness with the LSAT and so down we went. It was amazing. Friday basically was a travel day, we arrived in Cedar late Friday night and slept getting up early Saturday to head down to the park. All day Saturday we did a hike called the Narrows, which is sooo nice, you hike miles up the canyon by walking up the riverbed and it is stunning. At some parts the water got a little deep and as it was cold cold water we didn't want to get wet and had to do some creative rock climbing but it was worth it. That night we camped out in Snow Canyon National Park in St. George. We cooked up some bratwursts over the fire and had a good old time. Sunday we hike Angel's Landing which is so cool! We climbed 1500 feet in 2 miles so it was basically all switchbacks with some sections of almost vertical rock climbing (there were chains bolted into the rock to assist you) and from the top of the cliff you could see the entire park and it was great!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Zions Park Awesomeness
So the other weekend (Oct 17-19) some friends and I went down to Zions to enjoy the nice weather and amazing hikes. I'd decided that I deserved a little break after all the craziness with the LSAT and so down we went. It was amazing. Friday basically was a travel day, we arrived in Cedar late Friday night and slept getting up early Saturday to head down to the park. All day Saturday we did a hike called the Narrows, which is sooo nice, you hike miles up the canyon by walking up the riverbed and it is stunning. At some parts the water got a little deep and as it was cold cold water we didn't want to get wet and had to do some creative rock climbing but it was worth it. That night we camped out in Snow Canyon National Park in St. George. We cooked up some bratwursts over the fire and had a good old time. Sunday we hike Angel's Landing which is so cool! We climbed 1500 feet in 2 miles so it was basically all switchbacks with some sections of almost vertical rock climbing (there were chains bolted into the rock to assist you) and from the top of the cliff you could see the entire park and it was great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Congrats on the LSAT (again)! The pictures are breathtaking. I miss southern Utah . . . it's so beautiful. We want to take our kiddos down there next spring.
By the way . . . when you read this, just know I'm saying it REALLY slow and deliberate. Why? Because I love slow talkers :) I hope to be one. Hope. to. be. one.
I did a race in Snow Canyon a long time ago, and we were just there during the softball tournament. It is truly beautiful! I LOVE Zions, especially the narrows. Nice work on the creative rock climbing, I would have fallen in. I am jealous of all of you who are having a wonderful autumn. But I guess once it starts snowing up there, I will be enjoying our 70 degrees. :)
hi josh!
Post a Comment